Race & Ethnicity Discussion
Learning Goal: I’m working on a writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Discussion prompt TBD: 1 option given below
Incorporating the variety of information provided in this module (both scholarly and popular media), answer the following questions:
- How are race and ethnicity important in adolescent identity development?
- What was your experience coming into your own understanding of your racial/ethnic identity? Are you still learning?
- How do current events impact adolescent development?
- How can parents/caregivers/communities help adolescents develop positive racial-ethnic identities in the face of very real threats, racism, and bigotry?
- Be sure to connect your responses to the García Coll model and the Racism frameworkLinks to an external site.
NOTE: You must first post your initial response in order to view and reply to your classmates’ responses.