I’m working on a history writing question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
Read the following prompt to make a two-page minimum response (not counting the Works Cited page(s):
This will be a 2-4 page formal paper, in which you’ll develop your own argument (based on recommendations below), and prove it using primary source evidence. You may use material from Duiker, Contemporary World History and/or our course notes to assist your analysis of evidence to support your argument, but your EVIDENCE must come from one primary source. Please refrain from using resources outside of those assigned for class.
Please read/re-read/view the primary sources assigned for and/or discussed in classes 8/29-8/31
- Choose ONE of these sources that you think best exemplifies the birth of the “modern” western world.
- Develop a thesis based on ONE of the questions you see below and use the evidence you read or see in this source, to prove it.
1. Why were discipline and order thought necessary for industrial mining or manufacturing? How was discipline encouraged or enforced?
2. Who was politically and socially subordinated in late-19th and early-20th century Europe? Could/did industrial developments offer these groups more opportunities for political and economic independence?
3. How did the material sciences influence the social sciences in the late-19th and early-20th centuries? How might this have thus influenced economies and societies? By whom were such influences seen as positive or negative, and why?
Choose one out of the three to answer.
The sources are attached.
Use any proper citation format of your liking that is good for HISTORY subjects.
It must be double-spaced.
It must be a Word document.