|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Public Management (MGT 324)
Due Date: 08/10/2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Public Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT324||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year:2022-23; FIRST SEMESTER|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: XX / 15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Define the fundamental theories of public sector management. (LO1.1)
- Describe the simple and complex issues pertaining to public management (LO1.2)
GUIDELINES FOR DOING ASSIGNMENTS
We expect you to answer each question as per the instructions in the assignment. You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind. The assignment will be evaluated in terms of your planning, organization and the way you present your assignment. All three sections carry an equal weightage of 5 marks.
Kindly read the instruction carefully and prepare your assignment and submit it to your teacher.
1) Planning: Read the assignment carefully and go through the Units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange them in a logical order.
2) Organisation: Be a little selective and analytical before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. Give adequate attention to the question’s introduction and conclusion.
Make sure that:
- a) The answer is logical and coherent
- b) It has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs
- c) The presentation is correct in your own expression and style.
3) Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answer, you can write down the final version for submission. If you so desire, you may underline the points you wish to emphasize. Make sure that the answer is within the stipulated word limit.
Wishing you all the best,
Assignment Question(s) (Marks 15)
- Effective management of human resources in public administration requires the incorporation of human resources development and continuous strategic planning for selecting “the right person for the right job”. Discuss your answer in about 500 words. (5 Marks)
- What is the importance of human resources management in an organization in light of the above statement? Explain your answer in about 500 words. (5 Marks).
Critical Thinking Question
“Managing Human Resources is critical in changing the role of the State and public sector policies”. In light of this discuss the role of human resource management for effective public administration.
Limit your answer to about 500 words. (5 Marks).
It is mandatory to include at least two scholarly journal articles in your answer.