FIN416 (1st Term 2022-2023)
Deadline: 10/11/2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Islamic Finance||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: FIN416||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1444/1445 H, 1st Term|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Instructor’s Name: Dr. Sulaiman Mania Aldhawyan|
|Students’ Grade: / 30||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- This assignment is an individual
- The Assignment must be submitted only in WORD format via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
You are to write between a 3,000 to 5,000 word assignment in the form of a scholarly article for publication in a major law review journal on any one of the following topics:
- The international regulatory bodies and standards for Islamic financial institutions (IFIs).
- Financial technologies (FinTech) in Islamic finance sector.
- An analysis of the structuring of Islamic securities; namely sukuk.
- The Shariah governance of IFIs: Operation and Challenges
- The distinctions between Islamic insurance—takaful—and conventional insurance.
- The contemporary applications of the classical contracts in Islamic finance (choose one or two contracts; for example: murabahah and/or mudarabah).
- Other areas related to Islamic finance sector.