Autism Spectrum Disorder- CL week # 4
Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Reflect on your experience ( as a PMHNP student) creating a treatment plan for an adolescent with autism or an intellectual disability.
- Describe the clinical situation in detail. (Who was it, when did it happen, what happened, what caused it to happen, where did it happen, how did it happen). What feelings, prejudices, and biases did you experience during your clinical experience?
- How did you manage your anxieties, feelings, prejudices, and biases?
- What assumptions did you make about people with mental illness?
- What awareness did you develop during your clinical experience?
- Describe how you changed because of your clinical experience.
- Describe how this clinical situation will impact your advanced nursing practice.
- Use DIEP Model as a guide. https://students.unimelb.edu.au/academic-skills/ex…
Mash & WolfeChapter(s) 5 & 6, pp. 155-185
Mcclellan, J., & Stock, S. (2013). Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with schizophrenia. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 52(9), 976–990. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2013.02.008
Nussbaum, A. M. (2013). The pocket guide to the DSM-5 diagnostic exam. American Psychiatric Pub. ISBN 978-1-58562-466-9
Siegel, M., McGuire, K., Veenstra-VanderWeele, J., Stratigos, K., King, B., American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP) Committee on Quality Issues (CQI), Bellonci, C., Hayek, M., Keable, H., Rockhill, C., Bukstein, O. G., & Walter, H. J. (2020). Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of psychiatric disorders in children and adolescents with intellectual disability (Intellectual Developmental Disorder). Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 59(4), 468–496. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2019.11.018
Volkmar, F., Siegel, M., Woodbury-Smith, M., King, B., Mccracken, J., & State, M. (2014). Practice parameter for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 53(2), 237–257. doi: 10.1016/j.jaac.2013.10.013