MGT 312- Decision making
|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Decision Making and Problem Solving (MGT 312)
Due Date: 08/10/2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Decision Making and Problem Solving||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT312||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 2022-23; FIRST SEMESTER|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: XX / 15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Describe decision making process for complex issues pertaining to business environment both internally and externally (C.L.O :1.1)
- Define different perspectives and concepts of problem solving in diverse contexts and business situations. (C.L.O :1.2)
- Explain and apply critical thinking and cognitive psychology as it pertains to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving and decision making. (C.L.O :2.1)
Assignment Instructions for Part-I:
- Log in to Saudi Digital Library (SDL) via University’s website
- On first page of SDL, choose “English Databases”
- From the list find and click on EBSCO database.
- In the search bar of EBSCO find the following article:
Title: “Drive Innovation with Better Decision-Making.”
Author: Linda A Hill, Emily Tedards, Taran Swan
Date of Publication: November–December 2021
Published: Harvard Business Review
Assignment Question(s): (Marks 15)
Read the article titled as “Drive Innovation with Better Decision-Making.” by Linda A Hill, Emily Tedards, and Taran Swan published in Harvard Business Review, and answer the following Questions:
- Summarize the article and explain the main issues discussed in the article. (In 500-600 words) (Marks 5)
- According to the article, why we should focus on Decision-Making? Discuss in relation with the text you learnt in the course. Use additional reference to support your argument. (In 400-500 words) (Marks 5)
Part-II- Critical Thinking Question
- “Decision making is the process of making choices by identifying a decision, gathering information, and assessing alternative resolutions.” Explain the statement with example (Words 400-500) (Marks 5)