CYBER SECURITY module 1
Learning Goal: I’m working on a computer science discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
- Briefly describe how cybersecurity questions will remain the same and how they will be different in the future. What do you see as being constant and what do you believe will change, or become more/less important in the future? The posts should be 500 words and must incorporate course material from the week.
- P. W. Singer and Allan Friedman, Cybersecurity and Cyberwar: What Everyone Needs to Know, Oxford University Press, 2014, .
- Christopher Eldred, “Policymakers must understand 5G’s potential and its pitfalls,”
Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy (BRIE) and Work and Intelligent Tools and Systems, December 2, 2019
https://blogs.berkeley.edu/2019/12/02/5g-hype-vs-reality-how-policymakers-can-harness-its-benefits/ (Links to an external site.)
- “Cyber Risk in an Internet of Things World,” Deloitte Flashpoints report, 2019. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/technology-media-and-telecommunications/articles/cyber-risk-in-an-internet-of-things-world-emerging-trends.html (Links to an external site.)
- NIST, “What is the Internet of Things and How Can We Secure It?” video to watch: https://www.nist.gov/topics/internet-things-iot (Links to an external site.)
- “Cybersecurity Futures 2025,” University of California, Berkeley Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity and CNA’s Institute for Public Research report, 2019. https://cltc.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Cybersecurity-Futures-2025-Insights-and-Findings.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- US Cyberspace Solarium Commission report, 2020, Opening story of “Warning from Tomorrow” and p. 8-19. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ryMCIL_dZ30QyjFqFkkf10MxIXJGT4yv/view (Links to an external site.)
- Andy Greenberg, “Hacker Lexicon: What is a Supply Chain Attack?”, Wired, May 2021, https://www.wired.com/story/hacker-lexicon-what-is-a-supply-chain-attack/ (Links to an external site.)
Supplemental Reading (Not required)
- Crowdstrike 2020 Global Threats Report, 8-12, Crowdstrike, 2020 https://go.crowdstrike.com/rs/281-OBQ-266/images/Report2020CrowdStrikeGlobalThreatReport.pdf