Discussions for English
Learning Goal: I’m working on a english multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
STEP 1 POST YOUR RESPONSE TO THE DISCUSSION BOARD
Respond to the following questions in 250 words or more using the PIE paragraph process, and include your own personal experience. To do so, please do the following:
- View the videos below and read about the Writing Process (Links to an external site.).
- Briefly describe the purpose of each step in the writing process.
- Describe a situation where you used the Writing Process or it could have been useful. Explain the positive or negative outcomes you experienced. And, what you’d do differently today?
- Lastly, talk about how you feel about using the Writing Process? Are you ready to try it? Why, or why not? Is there a way I can help you be more prepared or confident in the process? How can we add a more positive spin on writing for our class?
STEP 2 READ AND RESPOND TO OTHER STUDENTS’ POSTS
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them. In addition to any other comments you may have, respond to the following:
- If their situation is positive, give feedback as to how you will apply their positive experience the next time you are in a writing bind.
- If the situation is negative, offer two pieces of advice to the situation described in other students’ responses.
Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.