Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Look on line at any local facility’s web site and pick a job you might want to apply for.
Imagine you have been selected for an interview for this position.
The assignment is to complete this imaginary interview in writing and submit this via moodle.
The objective is to help you gain experience in preparing for typical interview questions.
Position you are applying for: New Graduate Nurse
Interview is with Ms. Smart the Nurse Manager.
- Tell me about yourself, why are you interested in our position?
- Have you had a chance to learn about our facility? How did you research us? What did you find out?
The next questions are Behavioral Interviewing questions; you must provide a specific situation involving a real life event.
- Can you tell me about a situation where you made an error that affected a patient and what you did about it?
- Can you tell me about a specific time when you made a difference for a patient? What did you do?
- Tell me about a situation where you saw something being done that was not right, how did you handle it?
Clinical Competence Questions:
6. What do you feel are your best strengths and why?
7. What are your weaknesses and why?
8. What is your plan for building on your nursing knowledge?