I’m working on a management case study and need support to help me learn.
- Why is performance evaluation important? Why should performance be measured as an ongoing process, and not just as a once-a-year event? (1.5 Marks)
- Read the following case carefully and answer the Question given at the end of case study.
- List some ways you can communicate your ethical standards to your employees and to your peers. (2 Marks)
- Discuss in detail the various types of corporate social responsibility. (4 Marks)
- Do you think corporate social responsibility is important? Why or why not? (1.5 Marks)
- If you were running your own company, how would you communicate your CSR strategy with employees, with external stakeholders, and why? (1.5 Marks)
Case: MANAGING UP AND ACROSS
As an operation professional, you need to be able to interact effectively with many internal customers—from corporate managers to field representatives. One of your peers is Jessica, who is a talented operation professional but who is downright rude to her internal customers. Her attitude is so bad that people around your company ask specifically to deal with you instead of Jessica. You’ve heard many tales about her sarcasm and her unwillingness to deliver anything other than the absolute minimum to other employees. You’ve thought about talking to Bruce, the manager to whom both you and Jessica report, but you and everyone else knows that they’re dating. In the meantime, your workload is increasing because of Jessica’s reputation.
How do you handle Jessica and Bruce? (2.5 Marks)
Source: Trevino, L.K. & Nelson, K. A. (2011). Managing business ethics (5th ed.). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc. ISBN: 9780470343944 (print); ISBN: 9780470565964 (e-text) Page 318.
References are important. Make sure to use the references for each questions properly. (2 Mark)