I’m working on a business multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
In this discussion, share your experiences with conducting the 1-way and 2-way communication skills hands-on exercise this week. Consider the following prompts as you share your findings:
- How close were the diagrams – the actual one compared to the receiver’s version?
- In terms of the communication exchange, what if anything worked well?
- What challenges did the communicator experience? What challenges did the receiver(s) experience?
- Make relevant connections between this week’s readings and your experience with this exercise. Focus on:
- Chapter 5 – Cooperation
- Chapter 6 – Verbal Communication
- Chaper 8 – Power Styles
Participation credit in this weekly discussion will be based on the following structure:
- Each student must make a minimum of three posts for each discussion – one initial post that answers the question(s) presented above, and two replies to posts made by your peers.
- All posts must be substantive, relevant, and respectful, and contribute value to the discussion.
- The initial post should be approximately 300-350 words in length and made by Thursday evening at 11:59pm ET.
- The reply posts should be a minimum of 125 words in length and may be made any time before Sunday evening by 11:59pm ET.
- Your replies to peers must focus on additional suggestions for overcoming the challenges experienced by the communicator and the receiver.
- Further the discussion by asking questions or offering a different perspective on the topic they present.
- “I agree” types of posts are fine to make, but they do not count towards the minimum posting requirement.
- To learn how you will be graded on this discussion, please review the MGMT6225 Discussion Rubric.pdf MGMT6225 Discussion Rubric.pdf – Alternative Formats .
This exercise should be conducted in preparation for Week 3 Discussion: Summary Presentation of Communication Skills Exercise. I would like each of you to conduct an offline hands-on activity with a partner – anyone you would like: a family member, a friend, or a co-worker. This is a communication skill-building exercise, integrating several different elements from our readings/topics this week on communication style and individual differences. You will record your experiences and findings for our Week 3 Discussion: Summary Presentation of Communication Skills Exercise. Good luck! For complete instructions, please refer to the One-Way and Two-Way Communication Skills Instructions One-Way and Two-Way Communication Skills Instructions – Alternative Formats