BUS4045 Recruiting, Retention, and Development
Learning Goal: I’m working on a management report and need support to help me learn.
EXAMINING DISPARATE TREATMENT
This week, you read about workplace discrimination or disparate treatment—intentional employment discrimination. You will examine this topic further in this assignment.
Use the Capella library or internet to research a legal case involving disparate treatment in the selection or hiring process. Then in a 3–4 page paper, succinctly and clearly analyze the case. Include the following in your analysis:
- Describe the important issues in the case.
- Provide a description of the case and describe the important issues.
- Distinguish the theory of disparate treatment from the theory of disparate (or adverse) impact.
- Distinguish the theory of disparate treatment from the theory of disparate or adverse impact, using specific examples from your selected legal case and providing additional context if needed to support your work. Be sure to identify the dispute and what makes this case about disparate treatment.
- Analyze the outcome of the case.
- Explain the court’s decision.
- Note whether you agree with the court.
- Analyze disparate impact.
- Analyze the evidence of discriminatory effects.
- Analyze the evidence of discriminatory effects in your selected case, and provide specific examples of connections to the rule, policy, or process.
- Describe how the Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures help employers avoid issues related to disparate or adverse impact.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of members of the human resources profession.
- Be sure you communicate in a scholarly, professional manner that addresses the intended audience and is free of grammatical and mechanical errors.
- Written communication: Written communication is thoughtful and free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and format. See Evidence and APA.
- Length of assignment: 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Communication: Understand the audience and communicate professionally.
Refer to the assignment scoring guide to ensure that you meet all criteria. To earn full points for each criterion, be sure to note the details on what constitutes distinguished performance.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.