Learning Goal: I’m working on a sociology report and need a sample draft to help me learn.
Three to four-page essay (double spaced, 12 point font)
Choose one of the data workshops you have completed from weeks 2 (autoethnography of impression management), 3 (ethnography of a subculture), and 4 (survey/interview on religiosity) and write it up into a formal essay. Your essay should incorporate and cite at least four sociological concepts found in the textbook chapters covered thus far.
- Rework one of your first three preliminary analyses and develop into a more formal analysis, using the rubric provided.
- If you feel you don’t have enough observations to write a good paper, you may conduct a second round of data collection for this paper.
- Center your analysis in part II around sociological concepts.
- Your analysis should feature either micro-level Symbolic Interactionist concepts (such as Goffman’s), or meso/macro level concepts from the Sociology of Culture and/or Sociology of Religion.
- When using a sociological concept, define it before you apply it. And always cite the source. For this paper, focus on citing the required textbook. You can also cite class lectures and videos. Do not use any external sources.
- I do not care what format you use for citation (e.g. APA, MLA, Chicago, etc). The most important thing to me is that you gain practice in sociological observation and analysis. Please use this simple in-text citational model: (Stein and Ferris, p. #).
- Since I am familiar with all of your class sources, you do not need a bibliography.