Ethical Problems of Death and Dying
Learning Goal: I’m working on a nursing report and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Each student will develop a scholarly paper and include the following:
1. Describe the ethical topic AND a potential ethical dilemma as it relates to the ethical topic/issue.
a. Identify the stakeholders who are impacted or who may potentially be impacted by this ethical topic/issue.
b. Identify the legal concerns associated with the topic/issue.
2. Explore professional and personal values related to the ethical topic/issue.
a. Describe and support a position (values, attitudes, beliefs) on the issue, provide examples supported by current
b. Provide an alternative position on the issue, provide examples describing the alternative viewpoint with examples
supported by current literature.
3. Identify and discuss any new knowledge gained related to the topic/issue.
4. The scholarly paper should be 4-5 pages excluding the title and reference page.
5. Include an introductory paragraph, purpose statement, and a conclusion.
6. Include level 1 and 2 headings to organize the paper.
7. Write the paper in third person, not first person (meaning do not use ‘we’ or ‘I’) and in a scholarly manner. To clarify I, we,
you, me, and our may not be used. In addition, describing yourself as the researcher or the author should not be used. The
exception to this rule is if/when you do the reflective piece as it relates to your position (values) at the end.
8. Include a minimum of (4) professional peer-reviewed scholarly journal references to support the paper (review in Ulrich
Periodical Directory) and be less than five (5) years old.
9. APA format is required (attention to spelling/grammar, a title page, a reference page, and in-text citations).
10. Submit the assignment to Turnitin prior to the final submission, review the originality report, and make any needed changes.
11. Submit the assignment by the posted due date.