Learning Goal: I’m working on a business multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
In Assignment 3, you will have the opportunity to write a report on a company’s strategy.
First you will need to identify a firm’s core strategy and supporting strategies. You will outline the factors which shaped its strategic decisions and offer insight into the risks and opportunities that will shape future strategic choices based on your understanding of its business model.
Base your report on one of the following which you will also need to retrieve:
- Option 1: The Annual Information Report for Alimentation Couche-Tard for the fiscal year ending 28 April, 2019.
- Option 2: The 10-K Form for Waste Connections for the fiscal year ending 31 December, 2019.
When you have completed the assignment, submit it to your Open Learning Faculty Member using the Add submission button below.
This module covers the following topics:
- Topic 1: Functional Approach Strategies
- Topic 2: Business Approach Strategies
- Topic 3: Corporate Approach Strategies
- Topic 4: Global Approach Strategies
- Your submission should not exceed 4 pages in length, double-spaced (excluding references), Times Roman 12pt. Page setup: 1-inch margin on the left and top and bottom. 1 ½ inch margin on the right.
- The document must be paginated with the page number appearing on the bottom right of the page. A Cover page is not necessary, but at the top of your first page print the following information.
Use the following grading rubric to guide your work and to self-evaluate your finished paper. The rubric is based on a 30-point scale:
|Evaluation Criteria||8-10 marks||5-7 marks||0-4 marks|
|Theory||Sound evidence that student has done the course readings and exercises and has a thorough understanding of the strategic management theory and its application.||Some evidence that most of the course readings and exercises were attempted and general understanding of strategic management theory and its application.||Minimal or no evidence of having done the course readings or exercises. Reveals poor understanding of strategic management theory and its application.|
|Critical Thinking||Exceptionally well-supported, thoughtful, and insightful comments pertinent to the theory and module topics and/or exercises.||Some evidence of critical inquiry and self-reflection pertinent to the theory and module topics and/or exercises.||Minor evidence of critical thought or reflection pertinent to the theory and module topics and/or exercises.|
|Communication, Style, and Presentation||Ideas and concepts are presented fluently and concisely in Standard English.
Contains cogent analysis/ information relevant to the topic/problem.
Correctly applies the APA style guide and adheres to presentation and format guidelines.
|Ideas and concepts are generally well presented but lack fluency or conciseness or not presented in standard English.
Concepts or ideas presented poorly or difficult to follow and understand.
Generally applies the APA style guide but errors in style and presentation.
|Ideas and concepts not developed or lack depth and consistency, are unclear, not rational, or confusing and not presented in standard English.
Minimally observes the APA style guide, presentation, and format guidelines.
Grammar and format inconsistent.