Week 4 Discussion
Learning Goal: I’m working on a philosophy discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
I will assume you all have the threaded process down by now with the discussions.
Please pick one of the following questions to answer for the forum this week:
- Option 1: What exactly is Empiricism? Please provide specific examples to support your answer.
- Option 2: Do you believe Locke’s primary and secondary qualities adequately explain reality as it was understood in the late 1600s? Can you think of something that exists that has no primary or secondary qualities or both?
- Option 3: Why do Empiricists believe there are limits to the knowledge of reality? Please provide specific examples to support your answer. Do you feel it is possible for humans to ever know objective reality?
- Three posts minimum.
- The initial forum response is due by Thursday at 11:55 p.m. EST and should be a substantive response to the discussion prompt.
- For peer replies, respond to at least two of your classmates by Sunday at 11:55 p.m. EST and give meaningful replies that advance the discussion.
Before you post, please thoroughly edit your writing to ensure it is professional and academic. For more details about the initial post and peer replies are graded, see the attached grading rubric.
To get maximum points, you must do more than the minimum. See the Announcement on this in week one.