I’m working on a social work writing question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Chapter 6 provides a brief overview of the spiritual diversity in the United States.
In this assignment, write an essay (1,000-1500 words) that explains how the spiritual dimension impact a client’s behavior. Cite three to five scholarly sources that address the following prompts:
- Explain what is meant by the spiritual dimension. Explain how the spiritual dimension might affect clients of various cultures.
- To which spiritual perspectives do you have the most positive reactions? What is it about you that contributes to these reactions? Be specific.
- To which spiritual perspective do you have the most negative reaction? What is it about you that contributes to these reactions? Be specific
- What impact might your reactions (both positive and negative) have on work with clients (especially with those who may hold different spiritual perspectives from yourself)?
- What personal and professional “work” on yourself is suggested by your positive and/or negative reactions?
- Explain how your knowledge of human spirituality might impact your social work engagement, assessment, and intervention. Refer to Social Work Disposition #10: Standard: Social Workers’ Ethical Responsibilities as Professionals when responding to this prompt.
- Describe two recent situations in which you have used problem-focused and emotion-focused coping strategies. What was different about the situations in which you used one rather than the other? Explain if the strategies were successful or not.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment is informed by the following EPAS Standard:
2: Engage Diversity and Difference in Practice