Learning Goal: I’m working on a history discussion question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
Answer in detail 250 words per question (Question 1 )Which statement do you agree with most?
1. Colonialism has been largely over for decades, and many of the problems that exist in former colonies are endemic to the countries themselves.
2. Colonialism lasted for centuries and it is incorrect to believe that countries that suffered it will recover anytime soon.
3. Colonialism, albeit in new forms, is still going strong.
Answer in detail 250 words per question( Question 2 ) Which of these statements do you most agree?
1. International organizations are needed because they provide peace, economic cooperation, and health initiatives that would not exist otherwise.
2. International orgnaizations are not truly international. The strongest powers dominate them and use them as a way to promote their own agendas.
3. States are becoming “hollowed out”. In other words, the role of national governments is becoming unnecessary as international cooperation becomes more and more important.