l need help with my business communication.
Learning Goal: I’m working on a business multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
You will complete two article reviews throughout this class on a topic involving communication in the workplace. These assignments are designed to expand your knowledge of the field of business communication by exposing you to research in the field.
TOPICS FOR THE ARTICLE REIVEWS
I have outlined a list of ideas you may choose from to complete your article reviews. This list is compiled from the overall topics covered in the text, but you may be more specific in your article search. For example, you can research “management listening skills” as a narrowly focused topic for a review.
- Organizational Culture
- Nonverbal Messages
- Business Ethics
- Listening Skills
- Speaking at Work
- Workplace Conflict
- Interviewing Skills
- Verbal Messages
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Leadership/Management Styles
SELECTING ARTICLES FOR THE REVIEW
Once you have chosen a topic, you will next need to find a scholarly article discussing your topic. I recommend using the CTC online databases to find scholarly articles. Go to http://ctcd.edu/academics/library/ to access the databases. You may look outside of the databases, but the credibility of the article and author needs to be heavily considered if using an alternative site. Criteria for evaluating an article for the review:
- The article needs to be at least 1,000 words in length.
- The author needs to be cited along with a description of her/his credentials.
- The author needs to be an expert in the field he/she is writing.
- The article should be recent and relevant to our course.
WRITING THE ARTICLE REVIEWS
Once you have read the article, you will complete a review of the article. The article review should have these three main parts.
- An APA or MLA formatted citation of the article at the top of the review.
- A one-page summary of the article that briefly outlines the article in your own words. Explain what the article discusses without quoting the author(s) word-for-word.
- A one-page critique of the article which discusses the following four questions:
- How does the information in this article increase your understanding of the field?
- What did you learn that was surprising? Or, what did you learn that you disagree with based on your experience?
- How could this information impact you as a current or future businessperson?
- What is your overall opinion of the usefulness of this article?
Your article reviews should follow this format:
- Double-spaced, 12 point font size, Times New Roman or Calibri.
- Exactly two pages in length: one page for the summary and one page for the critique.
- A link to the article should be included. The link to the article and the APA/MLA citation are not the same thing. I should be able to cut and paste the link in a browser to access the article.
Please use this Article Review Sample as a guide.Below are links to helpful tools that will aid you in your Article Review:Citation
Central Texas College Tutoring for Writing
Select the Article Review link above to submit your completed review. Include your last name and first initial in the file name. For example, this assignment could be saved as Jones, D_AR2.Submission Instructions:Complete your assignment as instructed. The following submission option is available:Complete your assignment using word-processing software such as MS Word 365 (download free software at https://products.office.com/en-us/student?ms.officeurl=getoffice365), LibreOffice (download free software at https://www.libreoffice.org/download), or other per course requirements. Save your file as an .rtf file or .doc to ensure that it can be opened at any computer. Submit your assignment by selecting the title link, browsing to, and attaching your saved file. Make sure to select SUBMIT. You may view your posting both on this page and under My Grade (available under Tools).