mgt401 :strategic management
|Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
|المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Strategic Management (MGT 401)
Due Date: 16/07/2022 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Strategic Management||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT 401||Student’s ID Number:|
|Semester: Summer Semester||CRN:|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: /15||Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low|
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
- The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
- Recognize the basic concepts and terminology used in Strategic Management (CLO1)
- Describe the different issues related to environmental scanning, strategy formulation, and strategy implementation in diversified organizations (CLO2)
- Demonstrate how executive leadership is an important part of strategic management (CLO5).
Assignment Question(s): Discussion Questions
- Why has strategic management become so important to today’s corporations and how does it typically evolve in a corporation? (3 marks)
- What is the relationship between corporate governance and social responsibility? Are people living in a relationship-based governance system likely to be unethical in business dealings? (3 marks)
- Discuss how a development in a corporation’s natural and societal environments can affect the corporation through its task environment. (3 marks)
- How can value-chain analysis help identify a company’s strengths and weaknesses? (2 marks)
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a first mover in an industry? Give some examples of first mover and late mover firms. Were they successful? (2 marks)
- Why are many strategic alliances temporary? (2 marks)
- Using the terminology developed in the course of strategic management will be highly valued.
- Your answers MUST include at least 7 outside references (other than the slides and textbook) using a proper referencing style (APA).
- Using references from SDL will be highly valued.
- You answers should not exceed 1500 words.